How We Are Stretching
Five-Pointed Star / Half Triangle is an energizing pose that strengthens the shoulders and arms and promotes the flow of prana – the vital life energy – throughout the body. Enjoy the sequence and allow yourself the freedom to move your body in any way it needs.
- Standing in Five-Pointed Star with your feet wide apart, extend your arms out to the sides.
- Gently extend through your fingertips, lengthening your arms. Allow your shoulders to drop back and down, feeling any tension you have been holding there melt away.
- Close your eyes and take four to six deep breaths, focusing your awareness at the center of your chest.
- Inhale, expanding your chest and rib cage; exhale, extending out through your fingers.
- Breathe in and exhale over to the right, moving into Half Triangle. Press the fingertips of your left hand up toward the sky and gaze up.
- Inhale up into Five-Pointed Star.
- Exhale Half Triangle over to the left, moving into Half Triangle.
- Repeat six to nine times each side.
- If your shoulders are uncomfortable, lower both arms so that they are extended out at the same height.
- If you have knee or hip discomfort, sit in a chair to perform the poses.
- Improves posture
- Strengthens shoulders and arms
- Nourishes large intestine
- Improves digestion and elimination
- Increases blood flow around the heart and lungs
About Us | Programs | Deepak Central | Community | Shop | Teacher's Path